Greg Smith is the Founder and CEO of Thinkific, a software platform that makes it easy to create, market and sell online courses. Greg practiced corporate law for one of the largest law firms in the country when he created his own online course and it took off, generating more revenue than being a lawyer.
He left his law career to start Thinkific and hasn’t looked back.
Greg and the Thinkific team have helped thousands of experts create and sell courses while building their brands and growing passive revenue.
Lawyer To Teacher: The Career Changer
Greg was practicing law for one of the largest law firms in the country when he created his own online course.
As it happened, it really took off. In fact, it started to generate more revenue than he was earning as an attorney. So, without thinking twice, he left a promising legal career in order to start “Thinkific” and hasn’t looked back. Today, he and his team have helped thousands of professionals to create courses online, building their brands and growing passive revenue.
Greg’s story isn’t uncommon. You might think it’s all about the money but not for Greg.
Most successful entrepreneurs who’ve left everything behind to follow their passion in life, have similar reasons as Greg. While money is certainly an important part of it, money is typically not the largest driver for many entrepreneurs – which surprises a lot of people. The big driver for Greg and why he switched careers, is his passion for teaching, leveraging his personal experience, success and pain to help other people.
Effective Webinar Strategies That Results in High Conversion Rates
It is all about building trust and offering value. There’s a lot of people talking about webinars nowadays and they’ve been around for a while. Most of them think that webinars can be an amazing sales tool.
This “webinar” as a tool, is commonly used as part of basic funnels, driving pay per click ads from Facebook to a landing page. Once on the landing page, people can sign up and attend your webinar, a webinar where you can deliver great content that builds your audience’s trust. In the end, you can make an offer, a bonus or a product that you can sell.
Below are simple eye-opening techniques that Greg and his team use. They offer webinars a little differently and as a result, it’s why they have a high webinar conversions.
- Don’t plan the full content for the webinar until you are definite that everyone expected is signed up.
- Have your audience complete a short non-stressful survey that will help you understand and learn who exactly who your audience is, what they really want to know, what they are looking for and why they are attending.
- Once all details are identified, start to build your webinar. Create a webinar with purpose and custom design it for your audience and they will love it. They will feel valued. Your customers will be very happy with the overall content and how the webinar was delivered. Once you’ve introduced them to your products or services, they will be more than happy to buy.
“Don’t put together a webinar until you’re 100% sure of who your audience is” – Greg Smith
How To Get People Complete Your Survey Instantly
- Keep It Short
- Respect Their Time – You have to understand that time is absolutely important to everyone. Don’t lie. Provide a truthful time about how long it will take for them to complete your survey. This will give a solid impression that you respect their time. In return, you will likely get a higher response rate. – Try this, take the survey first and time yourself before throwing a number.
4 Tips for How And Where To Market your Online Course
Marketing online courses is parallel to marketing any other digital products or anything else you can imagine.
When creating your marketing, you need to start thinking about your audience right from the very beginning. You don’t want to just join any online community and right out of the gate ask people to check out your product.
You’ve got to add value. You have to work at building trust.
- If you’re a photographer, Facebook groups might be a great place for you to start.
- If you’re marketing to professional accountants or lawyers, LinkedIn is a great place for attracting professionals.
- If you’re looking for good leads, Quora is a great site for generating leads and marketing online courses. You’ll encounter people on Quora, asking for help about all different topics and subjects. You can just join the forum, share your insights as an expert and link them out to your online courses for more information.
- If you’re just playing around, discovering things and haven’t totally figured out what online courses you’ll market, YouTube, Instagram, Periscope and Blab are the sites for you.
How To Create Attention-Grabbing Professional-Looking Marketing, Explainer & Training Videos in Just Minutes! Explaindio $57 annual
Great Tools for Analyzing, Measuring and Monitoring Social Media
The process of gathering data, as well as what data to gather, differs for each channel. There are a number of valuable tools to help you analyze, measure and monitor your social media success. Below are the Top 2 tools you need to check out today.
- Mix Panel – This tool will give you the ability to easily measure what people are doing on your app on iOS, Android, and web.
- Google Analytics – This tool shows you the full customer picture across ads, videos, social tools, websites, tablets, smartphones, and more. It aims to help you build your audience with valuable insights.
Harness The Power Of Mobile Apps To Create Happy Customers
Mobile usage and optimization is certainly changing the environment. It brings new opportunities in the way we interact with other people.
- Your Services Become More Accessible. Almost everyone has a mobile phone. Once your business has transitioned to mobile, you can start offering your products and services in more convenient ways to your followers and the general, larger audience
- If you are not considering going mobile, then you are missing out on a lot of things. Based on analytics and research, every day more and more people are doing everything on their mobile phones. Sooner or later, everything you’re offering, is going to be served up via mobile.
An Offer You Can’t Resist
Greg and his team will put together a special offer for you. For all listeners of the Social Media Business Hour, he will be giving out for free, three months of their paid business plan. He will give you everything that you need to learn how to setup and customize your own online course including: Scheduling content, certificates, hosting and delivery. All you have to do is click on the socialmediabusinesshour.com link that will be placed on Greg’s website.